[C320-list] Traveler issue

David J Gleason djgleason1 at juno.com
Tue May 16 11:59:49 PDT 2006

I am confused by Chris's description.  If you are pulling in on one side,
the other side is feed out.  How could this create a bunching up of the
lines.  I think what Chris is describing is the slack side lines bunching
up when tacking or gybing without keeping tension on the old tension
side.

To help alleviate this problem, along with keeping excess line out of the
cockpit, I use a continuous line.  I have one piece of line with each end
tied to one end of the traveller car.  There is a loop that hangs down to
the cockpit floor, so we can step over it without tripping.   I have
found it easier to handle rather than using a much longer piece on each
end of the car.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150