[C320-list] Using a life-line....

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Wed May 17 05:02:45 PDT 2006

Tim,

I have a '99 vintage (hull 582) that I've owned since new and I can tell you it's a fantastic boat. Most of the major mods have been made by this time (shallow bilge for example), so if you get a green light from the pros and the price is right, go for it.
I think you are doing the right thing in relying on the surveyor and anyone else you bring in to get an assessment--could be anything from cosmetic to over torquing the keel bolts. Is the boat a fin or wing keel? I have the wing with no catalina smile although my previous C30 did start to develop one after 8 years.
Good luck and I hope it works out for you...

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582

From: Tim <chillinonahd at yahoo.com>