[C320-list] Using a life-line....

Steve Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 09:26:34 PDT 2006

I haven't either.  The "Catalina Smile" is at least partly due to the
fairly large rake angle in the other boat's keels (C-27 - C-36) leaving
a lot of strain on the front of the keel.  The keel on the C-320 is
much more up and down, reducing the strain on the front of the keel,
and reducing the chance for the "Catalina Smile".  IMHO, if a C-320 has
a "Catalina Smile", it was more likely due to an unusual event than to
normal stresses of sailing.

Steve
Alchemist #909