[C320-list] Companionway Hatch Boards/screens/doors

BAdams3491 at aol.com BAdams3491 at aol.com
Wed May 17 12:34:43 PDT 2006

The PO put in two plexi doors on my boat.  They are about 3/8" thick,  deep
tinted and very nice.  The tint lets in light but not the sun,  plus you can
see out.  Unless the wind is really blowing (and the heel is  excessive) I can
sail with them open and they won't bang closed.  The true  purpose of the hatch
boards (keeping water out at sea) is a non issue in my part  of the country.
I have a pad lock across the top for security...and  leave my hatch boards at
home in the garage.

Bert
At Ease