[C320-list] mast

Jeffrey Hare catalina at thehares.com
Mon May 22 07:21:27 PDT 2006

The mast is an aluminum extrusion, meaning that it is formed as a single
tube.  If you notice, the top of the mast tapers in.  What they had to do is
clip out a wedge and weld it back together in order to get the taper.

Otherwise, the top of the mast would be exactly the same shape and thickness
as the base of the mast.

That's what I think anyway.. :)
-Jeff