[C320-list] Regatta 2006

Mon May 22 21:47:31 PDT 2006

Sheesh, all you have to do is say no thanks

cuba libre 2
--------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: C320-List-bounces
Sent: 05/22/2006 09:30 PM
To: C320-List <C320-List at catalina320.org>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Regatta 2006

I haven't agreed to that yet.  Three issues--first is flying knives
and some basic cooking stuff.  Kind of prevents me traveling
light, and it would definitely require checking in luggage.

Second--I don't see how anyone would be interested in a
demonstration of a large barbecue at the club.  Anyone can
cook in those conditions.  I would think this would only be of
interest to anyone if it was done aboard an actual 320.

Third--if I am making enough for everyone to taste that is
going to be a heck of an out of pocket outlay since I will have
to buy the ingredients at full retail in San Diego.

I guess I need to hear what people attending want to see.  To
me it sounds like a dog and pony show.  To be frank, I would
much rather give a hands on class then a demo.  I don't teach
my vocational students nor my fee based adult educational
classes by demos, they are all hands on.

Finally, Dick, you better check with the Executive Chef at the
Club.  Most chefs are quite territorial and don't want other chefs
giving demonstrations on their turf.

Adam