[C320-list] Boom noise

JPMESA at aol.com JPMESA at aol.com
Thu Nov 23 10:01:58 PST 2006

When reaching & broad reaching in light air I'm getting a funny clank  noise
coming from the boom . It comes and goes sometimes taking several minutes
before it makes the sound again. When the wind picks up (pressure) the  sound
disappears.  It is not coming from the back of the boom  (Dutchman) I have bubble
wrap back there to cover that problem. I also noticed  the boom moves a
little bit at the mast connection. That makes some noise  in light air, but that's
not it either. Any other ideas?  JOHN &  BOBBI Holokai 2
PS:I don't believe it's a big deal (structural), but it has become a  mission
for me to figure it out!!