[C320-list] Diesel sound reduction: (used to be Re: Smart Regulators)

Steve Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 06:22:36 PST 2006

I bought and installed the sound reducing package from Sailor's
Solutions
(http://www.sailorssolutions.com/index.asp?page=ProductDetails&Item=SPM18).
 It reduced the noise considerably.  To assist this, I also added foam
weatherstriping along the fridge edge of the front engine cover.

Because the sound deadening tiles are heavy, I installed two drawer
pulls (brushed nickel/brass from Lowes) to both the front and the back
covers to assist in handling the,.

I also cut an inspection port (Beckson cover)in the side of the rear
cover to enable me to check the oil dipstick without removing the
cover.

Steve
Alchemist #909