[C320-list] bottom paint

Tue Nov 7 09:09:33 PST 2006

Koen,

If you are a subscriber to Practical Sailor, they had quite a review on
both of those paints earlier this year..you should go  to their website
and review it...

             "Koen
             Bennebroek"
             <koen.bennebroek                                          To
             @gmail.com>              C320-List
             Sent by:                 <c320-list at catalina320.com>
             c320-list-bounce                                          cc
             s at catalina320.or
             g                                                    Subject
                                      [C320-list] bottom paint

             11/07/2006 08:54
             AM

              Please respond
                C320-List
             <c320-list at catal
               ina320.org>

We had Big Cat hauled and bottom painted this past week. I had agreed
with the yard to use Pettit SR as I had heard good things about it. On
the bill they indicate that they used Interlux Micron CSC instead.

I have not spoken to the yard about this yet (and have not paid them
yet), but initial checks on westmarine show that this is a cheaper
paint. I was wondering what people's experiences are with this paint?
Should I expect it to perform as well or not?

Thanks for any advice!

-Koen