[C320-list] TackTick (was: Prop Info)

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Wed Nov 8 11:42:11 PST 2006

I've never used this tack tick system but recall reading some complaints
about battery life on their compass units.  I would not be surprised if
the same battery technology is used in the masthead wind unit and
display as in the compass.  The problem I read about with the compass is
that the (solar rechargeable) battery fails after a few years and cannot
be replaced, even by the factory, because the unit is sealed.  So that
very expensive instrument is essentially disposable.  tack tick may have
fixed this, so check.