[C320-list] C Lift at Boaterswrld

Stanley Rogacevicz SROGACEV at holycross.edu
Fri Nov 17 04:41:43 PST 2006

Bruce,
   Quality - Plastic... but that can be a good thing because it flexes
enough to be basically un-breakable. The hinges flex quite a bit so even
when I let one side slip I never broke anything. I did immediately
replace the plastic hinge pins with SS bolts though because I wanted to
be more sure of the pin staying in.
   Functional use - I only had a lightweight 8' or maybe 8' 6" dingy
but if you have larger you have to worry more about dragging when
heeled. Looping the lines around the dingy to retrieve it can be a bit
of a pain. Even with a lightweight dingy pulling it up to the stern is
not that easy because you have no leverage - no big deal for me but I
don't know if my wife could have done it.
   Recommend - Yes...for what they are - a cheap alternative to a davit
system that keeps the dingy firmly attached to the boat and out of the
way without extending the LOA of your boat (which I am paying dearly for
now with my new boat and massive davit system).
    Longevity - The only reason I took mine off after 3 years and made
a similar system for the Walker Bay was that I wanted a rowing hard
dingy that would never need patching.
Stan
formerly "Christy Leigh"
c320 #656
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI

>>> "June Bruce" <brucestanley36 at hotmail.com> 11/16/2006 6:00 PM >>>
Thanks Stan

I saw your Photo Album and the C Lifts.
I did not have your email address ... only the photos.

Can you comment on:
How is their quality and
functional use?
Would you recommend them?
How long did you use them?

Many thanks again for tracing their availabiliy.
Davitts are not practicle for us due to the fact that we reverse into
our
pen/slip.

Regards and thanks
Bruce Stanley