[C320-list] Ships cat

Martin Raphael mraphael at zhonka.net
Fri Nov 17 17:13:11 PST 2006

Hi -- my wife and I have taken our two cats with us on many 2-week cruises
with no major issues.  Some things to consider:  you will want some kind of
a hand vacuum cleaner to keep up with the cat sand (or you might consider
keeping the catbox topside, which we have done sometimes).  The other thing
is to watch the rounded slopes along the sides at the stern -- it's pretty
easy for a cat to just slide off the edge (which we learned from
experience).  One solution is run a line along that edge from a cleat to the
stanchion -- something to provide a bit of a barrier.  Cats seems to like
the boat a lot, but they may need some time to get used to engine noise.  On
our first trip with a new kitten, it spent the entire first day up in the
v-berth under whatever cover it could find.  After that it crept out and did
fine.
Martin Raphael