[C320-list] Furling jib Sunbrella

Denny Browne dennybrowne at verizon.net
Sun Nov 19 06:48:23 PST 2006

I'm surprised a Catalina sail didn't come with it. I was at the sailmaker
yesterday, discussing the removal of the Sunbrella cover on a sail that I
don't leave on the furler. It's heavy, and contributes to some leach
hooking. He observed that Catalina is the only manufacturer he knows who
sometimes uses white Sunbrella, which may be what you have. The white
Sunbrella turns yellow from exposure to the sun, sacrificing itself for the
preservation of the sailcloth. My boat, hull 935 came with a white Sunbrella
cover.

As does my much older backup sail that I bought from Roy Kraft quite a few
years ago.