[C320-list] autopilot

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Tue Nov 21 10:53:56 PST 2006

Having the rudder position shown is indeed useful, but there are less
expensive ways to achieve that!  I put a turks head on the wheel at the
spoke that is top dead center with the rudder straight ahead.  This
gives me instant feedback on rudder position at all times.  And it
definitely adds to the sense of nautical history of an otherwise very
modern boat.

That said, I would probably go for the newer model myself.  I've been
disappointed in the ST4000+/Mk2, and suspect that the newer nav computer
likely would improve performance, as would the rudder sensor, as would
the (optional) gyro yaw rate sensor.