[C320-list] Cracking in sump area and the Wing Keel debate (again)

Delia Mace domace at picknowl.com.au
Thu Nov 23 13:55:05 PST 2006

Tim

I bought a C320 in May this year.  She was built in about 2000, hull #727.
We are absolutely delighted with her after parting with a Duncansson 35.
More room, looks much better, sails faster, much more comfortable, much
better electronics, etc.  Yes, there was some cracking in the bilge area but
it was in the rib, below the left hand circle in your picture.  It was
ground out and repaired.  Turned out that it was surface and of minor
concern.  I strongly recommend that you make it a condition of purchase that
it be repaired at the vendor's expense so that you can be confident that you
have a sound boat.  No doubt you will be guided by a competent and qualified
surveyor - just make sure that the surveyor has an adequate professional
indemnity insurance.  Just in case!  :-)

Best wishes - keep in touch (odmace at gmail.com)

Owen Mace
Baloo, #727
Adelaide, Australia