[C320-list] Cracking in sump area and the Wing Keel debate (again)

Jeffrey Hare catalina at thehares.com
Thu Nov 23 16:38:44 PST 2006

Hi Stephen,

   The bilge is sprayed with a fairly thick white paint of some kind and I
find cracks and chips like this in lots of places.  They're benign and may
not go much past the paint layer.  Transportation, storage on stands, rig
tuning all flex the boat in slightly different ways.

In any event, I'd be *really* surprised if any of them were structurally
significant.

I like the wing keel in our cruising grounds.  The boat sails well and after
some headstay turnbuckle adjustments I can point about as well as I'd
expect.  ~45 degrees.

-Jeff