[C320-list] In Boom Furling

Fri Nov 24 11:19:45 PST 2006

Every 3rd time or so I either raise or lower the sail, I take my trusty
can of McLube and spray it on the bolt-rope as it goes up and then again
when it comes down at the end of the day.

I'm not sure if the 87degrees makes a difference on in-mast vs in-boom....

------Original Message------
From: pkenefick
To: Catalina 320 List
ReplyTo: pkenefick
ReplyTo: Catalina 320 List
Sent: Nov 24, 2006 6:29 AM
Subject: Re: [C320-list] In Boom Furling

[Sent by: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com ]
Orlando

As embarrassed as I might be please help me with some explanation - we
have
C320, Hull #833 with in mast furling. I have noticed at times it is very
difficult to pull in the main,until it begins to roll and then it is fine
-
could be the 87 degree factor.
We purchased the boat used and I have no instructions on the furler and
this
is the first I have heard anyone talk about this degree factor - can you
asssit me here so I better understand, After you have raised the main do
you
leave the boom at 87 ?
MacLube the bolt rope ?
Thank you