[C320-list] In Mast Furling (Free advice)

Nigel Price nigel.price at bigpond.com
Sun Nov 26 02:49:56 PST 2006

  Thanks for the comments on in-mast furling mains, Dick. I have an in-mast
furler as well, but it has a boom vang with a pin through it and no block
and tackle arrangement, which prevents any adjustment. I spoke to Frank
Butler about about it and he said that they scrapped that idea and that I
could buy an adjustable vang from them to replace it (nice of him). However,
our local agent is adament that an adjustable vang is bad news and simply
won't order it for me. What system is on your boat?
  Cheers,
  Nigel
  "Epiphany" #1061