[C320-list] trouble starting engine

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 27 09:44:40 PST 2006

Re: trouble starting and cable connections, here is a question.  On our #62, there are 4 cables out of the battery compartment: 2- black, 2-red.  From the engine there are two: 1 ea. black and red.  Inside the switch panel there are 3 red on the main switch and one black on the negative buss.  What happened to the other black?  Are they connected somewhere below out of sight?

On these older boats there is a water tank in the aft end of the port locker up close to the nav table.  The cables from the battery compartment exit the conduit under the water tank, and the two from the engine join them for the trip up between the hull and liner.  I can barely see the cables where they turn up.  Making any changes here or running additional wires will be a bear.

I'm planning on installing a battery monitor, most likely on the instrument panel port side.  I'll need to run wire from the battery compartment for this as well as a battery temp sensor.  Has anone with the port side water tank done this yet?

Any comments appreciated.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River