[C320-list] Oil filter for Yanmar 3GM30F-YEU

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 27 09:53:05 PST 2006

I've had the same experience with oil/fuel filters for my Perkins M30: very confusing.  The same thing has happened with the change of part numbers.  The last time I bought filters from TADiesel, they gave me a NAPA part for one of them (don't have them here so not sure which.)  Both oil and fuel seemed to have similar mating surfaces and thread size.  You should be able to tell the oil filter if you have a mfgr. recommended part, because the oil filter should have a pressure valve down inside where the fuel filter is open: empty with no visible components.  The pressure valve is supposed to bypass the filter should it become so burdened that oil won't flow through it easily.  It's a fail-safe so you won't seize your engine should you neglect to change the filter.  They think of everything.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay