[C320-list] C320-List Digest, Vol 181, Issue 2

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Tue Nov 28 22:36:47 PST 2006

I also had a corroded cable where Catalina had spliced the red cable running
from the shore charger to the house battery under the starboard settee. The
splice was under the pan, just forward of the bilge, exactly where water can
collect on the older 320's. While this didn't affect the starting, it did
limit the amount of charge that battery got from the shore charger.

The point is these cables can corrode over time, particularly if the factory
has made a splice.

Kirk

Boomerang