[C320-list] 155% Genoa

Dave Moores dmoores at cogeco.ca
Wed Nov 29 11:05:36 PST 2006

A few weeks back I asked the list if a 155% genoa was too big for the 320,
and several people were kind enough to reply that a 155% fits just fine.

Talking to my crew about ordering the new sail has got me concerned again,
because they are reminding me that my current 153%  WHICH IS A DECK SWEEPER,
ATTACHED AT THE STEM NOT THE DRUM, only just sheets right in with the
fairleads all the way back.  The new sail will be attached at the stem as
well.

Does anyone have a stem-attached 155% decksweeper, OR are the sails people
mentioned in reply to my previous question all tacked to the drum?  I think
it may make a  difference?????  (The reason being that 155% of the full LP
is going to be maybe a foot or so more than 155% of the LP of a
drum-attached sail.  Makes sense or no????)

Dave Moores