[C320-list] "Broach" - Mainsheet

K L sfca33 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 16:34:35 PST 2006

Adam:

You are right, people broach in the bay in broad daylight. In fact a few
years back I was on a boat (not mine) that broached spectacularly right in
front of the St. Francis YC at the finish line of a race. Very embarrassing.

I wouldn't be too hard on the former owner of the sail. I think buying
sheets that are too short is a common experience.

Thanks for the invite. I would like to wait till the weather gets warmer. I
sail in the winter, and plan to go out this weekend, but the nights are too
cold for me right now.

Thanks for taking the time to write the article.

Ken Danko
#802 Grace
San Francisco