[C320-list] Ahoy

Lachance, Michael B (ISD, IT) MLaChance at thehartford.com
Sun Oct 1 06:04:43 PDT 2006

Ahoy!
It is my pleasure to introduce myself as Commodore effective today
October 1. This Association is a group of C320 owners who enjoy sailing,
cruising, racing, and having fun. Catalina 320s are now sailed in most
of the US, as well as in Canada, Japan, Mexico, Holland, Germany,
Israel, Australia, Chile, and England. Personally, I have learned a
great deal from fellow members about seamanship in general and 320s in
particular. I shudder to think what the last few years would have been
like for me as a new keelboat owner without the assistance of this
group.

I'd like to express thanks to Russ Monaco for his stewardship over the
last year. Thanks! I just hosted a conference call with the 320 officers
to ensure an effective transition and Russ assured me even though he's
upgraded to a bigger Catalina, he'll remain available if case we have
any questions. On that call we set forth a couple goals for the coming
year including increasing membership and increasing the value added
benefits to our members. I encourage you to use the email list (I see
Karl Mielenhausen has already started a thread in the topic of Adding
Value) or feel free to contact any of the 320 officers with your ideas.

A little about me: I've been sailing 11 years and owner of "Seychelle",
hull #141, for 3 years sailing her an average 85 days a year. I've been
racing her for the past 2 years (and we just won our very first regatta
last week!) and try to do most work/upgrades myself usually with help of
this list. My wife, Wandzia and our two kids enjoy cruising the waters
off southern New England and visiting new destinations. We continue to
find the 320 is a perfect coastal cruising boat for a family of 4 and
have no plans to upgrade to bigger boat anytime soon so I'm committed to
success of this organization.

That's about it for now. Stay tuned for news and updates from your
associations officers. Should you wish to contact me directly I, here's
my contact information: email: mlachance at thehartford.com, work
860-547-3704, home 203-879-5057, mobile 203-910-0466.

Mike LaChance
Commodore, 320 IA
"Seychelle", #141
Noank, CT