[C320-list] Charger/Battery Wiring

BAdams3491 at aol.com BAdams3491 at aol.com
Mon Oct 23 18:38:28 PDT 2006

My charger died and I am in the process of figuring out how to wire the new
one when it arrives.  According to Nigel Calder's book, our batteries,  wired
in parallel, should have the negative posts wired to each other and the
positive posts wired to each other...thus keeping 12 volts, but doubling the  amps.
 On my boat, the negatives are wired that way, but the positives are  not
connected.

I sail on a lake, and spend lots of nights on the boat, but always with
shore power.  When I'm away from the boat shore power is also always  on.  The
battery selector is always selected to:  "Both On."

Since each battery has a positive wire to the four way battery  selector
switch, does that negate the requirement to have the two batteries  wired together
by the positive terminals to be in parallel?   Or,  maybe my battery is not
correctly wired to be in  parallel?

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Bert