[C320-list] Idle speed higher...was Sticky RPM cable

Robert Seastream seastream at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 1 11:03:29 PDT 2006

All:

Hadn't used 'Intuiton for about a month of Sundays (long story) and was
suprised after starting her yesterday to find the expected idle speed
(900) of my Yanmar 3GM30F was 1300.  She settled down to 900 after
about a total of 4 hours motoring.  I'm wondering if anyone else ever
experienced this.  While it may have been a sticky throttle cable, does
anyone know of diesels having a 'cold idle' speed?

Bob Seastream
2002 'Intuition'
Hull 906