[C320-list] Exhaust elbow

esquirecatering at rcn.com esquirecatering at rcn.com
Wed Oct 4 12:54:29 PDT 2006

Alec, unfortunately, I was the first one on the list with this problem.  I posted several calls for advice a couple of years ago when this struck and the symptom was low RPM's and no exhaust.  Hours were around 500.  I followed all of the advice given including removing the fuel tank and scrubbing it out and refilling (a tough and messy job), changing all the filters again, etc.

Took 3 months of waiting before the mechanic could look at it and with the tow from my dock to his, etc. it cost over $1500.

I then put on the list for everyone to check on this and it seems to have paid off for a number of people.

I will definitely do mine anytime I see the RPM's dropping or other issues.

Adam