[C320-list] exhaust elbow question

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 07:36:16 PDT 2006

FWIW,

I agree with the need to wait for intital lubrication
and to warm up fully before loading, but also feel a
little more RPM is required during the initial
warm-up.

I have observed that if I run the throttle up a little
(1100-1400 RPM) a minute after starting, my Yanmar
runs significantly smoother and quieter.

A couple of minutes later, after it begins to warm up,
you can hear it get even smoother. Then, I throttle it
back down to idle RPM to allow it to fully warm up
before loading it in gear.

This is pretty much what my old Olds diesel did
automatically for itself and may be what is being
recommended by the pro's.

=== message truncated ===

Chris Burti
"Commitment"