[C320-list] New C320 MarkII (inboard Jib tracks)

Jeffrey Hare catalina at thehares.com
Tue Oct 10 07:33:48 PDT 2006

Hi,

  After installing the line adjustable genoa cars, I moved the original
genoa cars to the upper tracks.  I run my boom gibe preventer line from the
aft cleat up through that genoa car and out to the end of the boom whenever
I need a preventer.   Keep it tight add some boom vang and it works really
great in light shifty air.

  It's pretty easy and I didn't need to buy any shackles or anything to rig
it.  With the MKII, I'd just have ot find a different place to attach the
preventer.  The bow cleat is too far forward, might spill my wine on the
journey to the bow.

-JeffH