[C320-list] New Splash guard

Dave Anderer danderer at udel.edu
Tue Oct 10 12:48:16 PDT 2006

Jeff Church wrote:
> The changes to the 320 seem to be a mix of good and bad.
Most of what I saw didn't appeal to me.

- The splash guard didn't look like it would guard much.  But then we
don't seem to splash much.
- The new fixed-windows on the cabin top now only go 1/2 of the way into
the head compartment.  One thing I like on the older boats is how bright
the head is and how that makes it feel larger.  The newer design was
decidedly dark in comparison, and less attractive.
- Did anyone else notice where the battery switch (and windlass switch)
are now?  Under the nav table.  So to see it, get on your knees.
- The front-opening fridge was a negative with me.  More kneeling to
find stuff in it.
- I don't really like the new-style non-skid.

On the positive side:

- My wife liked the repositioned shelf over the sink - though it was
less of a head-banger.
- The faucet on the galley sink was cool.
- A/C ducting was nice.

Of course, much of this is just personal taste.

I've had my '99 320 for one year now.  And interestingly enough, this is
the first Annapolis show I remember where I walked away feeling that the
'best' boat for me was the one I had.  I looked at a number of boats, up
to about 38' in length.  I felt none we as good a mix as my current 320.