[C320-list] 320 Mk II

David Cardoza dave at avaloncon.com
Wed Oct 11 11:42:05 PDT 2006

I wish they had brought this to Newport too.  I see some other obvious
differences in the photos.

A: The anchor winch is now vertical on the deck (I wonder if it can be setup
or modified to feed and operate from the cockpit like on some power boats?)

B: Cabin top hatches now there are two vers the one center on under the
vang.

C: The electric panel / inside nave inst mounting place is now narrower but
higher.  Also a tank monitor (is this standard).  Plus this whole panel
hindges out (easy to fix or install inst)

D: The fridge now has front load access.

E: New model microwave is it 12v?

F: Like the single lever faucet with spray extension.  And yes the splash
guard.

G: Stainless vs Aluminum trim on the port lights

H: Folding wheel to open up the cockpit

I: Shore Power and is that a cable hookup next to it or second circuit?

J: New Pedestal design and electronics (is this someones boat or is this the
new factory electronics pack note the gps antenna on stern rail)

K: Does the cockpit seating get narrower toward the back or wider toward the
front.  The wife and kids like to sack out there while I do all the work if
it got narrower they would likely moan.

L: Hatch on the swim step.  (will it fit the Honda 2k?)

M: Life line gate across the rear opening to the swim platform (did the
stairs get shorter? Or is this supplemental for when they are down)

Well that's what I can glean from the photos thanks for taking them.  An
other little thing I hope they did that was not mentioned in the recording
or seen in the photos would be mounting the Dodger a few inches forward such
that you don't destroy the plastic window while using the cabin top winch
with a handle.  But all in all it sounds like a lot of thought went into the
upgrade.  The extra few inched in the V berth will be very welcome as will
the larger holding tank.  Perhaps an upgrade to the bed cushions would also
be welcome.

Gee I guess I've formed a few opinions about the boat over that past few
years.  Thanks again for sharing.