[C320-list] PHRF HandicapsI

Dave Moores dmoores at cogeco.ca
Wed Oct 11 14:08:07 PDT 2006

Orlando, what a lame one-liner.  Tell us what boats you regularly compete
with on more-or-less even terms, boat-for-boat.  Then tell us their ratings.
I think that will illustrate something!

As we all know, most PHRF regions rate the C320 deep keel at around 150 give
or take, and most people seem to think that is about right.  I believe we
are sailing the boat to its 150 potential, indeed probably a bit better, as
we are starting to win races this year for the first time at our new 141
rating.

BUT, try and beat on handicap, good sailors sailing, for example, C&C 33 Mk
IIs which have a well-established rating of 138, in an unmodified C320 rated
135. Never gonna happen my friend.

Dave M