[C320-list] New 320 faucet and other thoughts

whmorack whmorack at chenangony.net
Wed Oct 11 16:14:14 PDT 2006

Hello Bruce;

We were at the Newport show in September; where they did not have the 320
but they did have the new 30, 35, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44  and I noticed the
difference in the non-skid. immediately.
Example: The 40 had the rough looking skid, where the 42 had the smooth
diamond construction like our current 320. (Which did deliver from CA last
July)

I specifically asked why the difference: The answer was "anything coming out
of the FL plant is now made with the rough, and anything coming out of the
CA plant is with the smooth skid."

I also asked if we ordered the 440 could we get the smooth, even if made in
FL plant, and that answer was NO.

Unfortunately I dislike the rough so much, that it would likely impact my
decision to upgrade to any Catalina that comes from FL.

Heather Morack
C-320 (1058) Fat Cat
Ithaca, NY