[C320-list] sail laundry

Robert Seastream seastream at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 21 08:18:45 PDT 2006

We use a car wash brush that's on a hollow handle a garden hose
attaches to.  Being for cars, it's quite soft so it won't hurt the
sails.  One could even use a stiffer brush for the sails if necessary.
We don't seem to have a dirt/soot problem, so we're washing our sails
primarily to remove salt, rather than dirt.  Again, we use commonly
available laundry/dish detergent (Ivory, Joy, etc.) in a very mild
concentration.

Bob