[C320-list] Oil changing pump kit

hcreech at comcast.net hcreech at comcast.net
Mon Oct 23 05:28:49 PDT 2006

Steve,
The best one I have found is the tall plastic pump from West Marine.  I think it is around $60. Previously I have bought the shorter metal "Topsider" but find the tall plastic one to be superior. I change my oil filter and oil when winterizing.  I use to change fuel filters as well but decided it was not practical, I now change them in the spring and half way through the season. I also change the oil at the spring commissioning and the oil and oil filter half way through the season. The reason I change the oil again at the beginning of the season is based on a diesel class I took when I first bought Cloud Chaser.  The instructor stressed that acid builds up in the oil during winter storage and that the oil should be changed at the beginning of the season.
At one time I use to do all of this more often but realized over time that i was wasting time and money.  I find the oil  and oil filter change to be very easy but I really hate the fuel filter change.  Unfortunately they must be done or they will fail at exactly the most inopportune moment.

Sincerely,
Herb Creech
Cloud Chaser #606

From: "Wash, Steve" <wash at advantageelectronics.com>