[C320-list] Autopilot

John Van Vessem jvanvessem at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 23 11:11:10 PDT 2006

Adam,

I have sailed the Bay for 3 years with my ST 4000 and have never had a problem.  My fluxgate is on the forward bulkhead of the after compartment just in front of the steering quadrant as low as was possible.  However, I have to tell you that the first time I went out the Gate into the Pacific about a mile out autopilot lost its mind and would not find a compass point or hold a heading.  The next morning at Angel Island everything was normal again.  I've called Raymarine but they have no clue to explain this erratic behavior.  Personally I think it's just poor quality.

John Van Vessem
Sojourn 645
Vallejo Yacht Club