[C320-list] Metal plate for sail slides on mast

Annie Bennett annie at sydneyprivatesailing.com.au
Fri Sep 1 01:23:52 PDT 2006

Having huge difficulty getting the sail up and just as much difficulty
getting it down.  Each and every sail slide sticks at the metal retaining
plate and requires much wiggling to get it past.  I've fiddled with a
screwdriver adjusting the position of the plate but to no avail.  The metal
plate is flat whereas the mast is curved.  When I tighten the screws, the
plate sticks out faway rom the groove in the mast.  Not helping is the fact
that it isn't quite long enough to cover the cut out in the mast.

Should this plate have a curved shape to echo the shape of the mast?  I
can't remember how this was on #812 as I didn't have this problem.  I'm
needing 4 times the usual head to wind room to hoist and lower the main

Annie