[C320-list] Running

Karl Mielenhausen _/) kmielen at iwon.com
Wed Sep 6 19:51:54 PDT 2006

Greetings to all Catalina 320 International Association members, whether able to attend the annual meeting and vote or unable to attend and vote, such as myself. My name is Karl Mielenhausen and I would like to become the next vice-commodore of the association.

My wife, Elaine, and I are relatively new to sailing, having owned hull #690, "Silver Lining", for 11 months, and a Catalina 22 for 4 years prior to that. Most of our sailing was done on Lake Ontario before we moved to coastal North Carolina in March 2005.

I retired from Eastman Kodak in July 2004. My final years there were spent as a quality assurance supervisor and US Quality Leader for consumer photographic films. I helped to implement and register manufacturing quality systems in several US and off-shore plants.

I have held leadership roles at several not-for-profit organizations, for example, Pittsford (NY) Volunteer Ambulance, where I held numerous administrative and operations positions, including President. Since moving to North Carolina, I have joined the US Coast Guard Auxiliary and have recently qualified as crewman.

People who know me well consider me to be a good communicator and decision-maker, pragmatic, and an analytical thinker.

My goal for the association is to enhance the value proposition of a membership, as I believe that enhanced value will drive increased involvement by existing members and, in the long run, increased membership. I would like to see us build upon our excellent website, offering additional, members-only, benefits. I would also like to promote more fleet activity and additional fleets, such as the one we are starting in Coastal North Carolina. But most importantly, I will work to find out what we can do to make association membership more valuable to you.

I would appreciate your vote and your support in the coming year.

Karl Mielenhausen

2000 C320 Hull#690 "Silver Lining"

New Bern, NC

http://members.cox.net/mielen/

(252) 638-1433     (252) 626-7734 (cell)