[C320-list] Another fresh water problem

drshoffner at aol.com drshoffner at aol.com
Mon Sep 18 08:22:23 PDT 2006

 List,

Thanks to all who responded to my "no forward so reverse" thread recently.  It turned out as some had suggested that the problem was a very fouled prop with marine growth that had accumulated in less than 2 mos.  I've had the boat in this location for 3 years and this is the worst growth I've experienced.

Now to the new problem.  This weekend my fresh water pump began cycling breifly about every 20 seconds.  I looked at all the whale fittings and they were dry.  I didn't loook down the entire length of the tubing, but I think it's unlikely to be a failure here.  Has anyone had a pump go bad and behave like this?  Any thoughts as always will be appreciated.

Mike