[C320-list] Gori-Prop buyer question - Not a prop manufacturer debate

Chris Holt oldman1030 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 18 10:33:17 PDT 2006

I stopped by the AB Marine booth at the Newport boat show this last weekend and talked to them about purchasing a Gori 3 blade prop.
I told them how we have all been discussing the proper pitch that people have found based on experience so I suggested the 15x11 3 blade RH model based on the "1 pitch higher than factory prop" rule.  He wrote to me today and said this:

"Based on calculations and also other C-320 owners sea trial results the propeller will be a 15 x 10 x 3RH propeller."

This surprised me as he said the 15 x 10 was found to be the ideal propeller.  Does anybody have the Gori 3 blade 15 x 10?
I know that the some of the people who have the 15 x 11 have said they can't reach max RPMs so I'm wondering if he is correct.

BTW: I have the 3GM30.  Hull #447.

Thanks,

Chris Holt