[C320-list] Adding Value

Karl Mielenhausen _/) kmielen at iwon.com
Fri Sep 29 18:53:16 PDT 2006

Your association's new officers would like to hear from members and potential members on how to add value to their membership.

Two ideas are being considered at this time, but we are open to other ideas...

A. Create a C320 Toolbox

Some of you may be familiar with the C36 toolbox, essentially a number of specific tools for the boat, something you may use infrequently enough so you don't want to buy it, but when you need it, you'll want to borrow it from someone. The way this would work is that the tool is shipped to you (with an invoice for the shipping) and when you return it, you pay return shipping and include a check for the shipping invoice. So you wind up paying the shipping for both ways.

Some ideas for the toolbox are:

Non-contact thermometer (IR heat gun)

Sockets for adjusting keel bolts (1.5" ??? very deep dish)

Torque wrench

Cutlass bearing remover

Optical Tachometer

Loos gauge (actually we need 2 to tune, I believe)

B. Create a Ships Store

C320 logo burgees, hats, shirts, etc.

Please weigh in on the value of these two possibilities and add ideas for more tools, merchandise, or other initiatives so would like to see. I can be reached at kmielen at iwon.com and will present your input at our next conference call.   THANKS!!

Karl Mielenhausen

2000 C320 Hull#690 "Silver Lining"

New Bern, NC

http://members.cox.net/mielen/