[C320-list] Charts

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 2 09:43:33 PDT 2006

Our Congress is in the budget process for 2007.  It seems our legislators are inclined to cut funding for NOAA on-line charts in spite of the fact that the rasterization project is more than 50% done, and ENCs are used by commercial as well as recreational boaters.  Please contact your Congressmen and let them know that funding for NOAA is essential to the safety of all boaters.

Also, how does it make any sense to remove funding for a useful project that is more than half done?  And who said government budgeting made any sense?  Need I answer my own questions?

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay