[C320-list] Metal plate for sail slides on mast

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 2 09:54:08 PDT 2006

I had the same problem and finally bent the plate to match the mast.  Also, I replaced the screws with hex, cap-head screws that were one size larger than the previous screws (had to re-tap threads for this.)  I tried to use thumb screws, but just couldn't get them tight enough by hand.  Also, I found that the plate tended to move into the groove when I tightened the screws.  If you get the bend just right and use lock washers, the plate will stay in-place easier.  Yes, I have to use a hex driver to open/close; but, I only do that twice a year.  For the overly anal, use a piece of UV exterior duct tape and tape an allen wrench to the side of the mast near the plate.  Fold over one end of the tape for easy removal.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay