[C320-list] Folding Propellers for 3YM-30

Bob & Bel Harrison b_harrison at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 5 10:41:56 PDT 2006

Maverick (#1007) has a 15" 3-blade "Classic" MaxProp.  It required the prop
shaft to be shortened maybe 1/2" for installation.  With the adjustable
pitch set to 20 degrees (10.3 inches), we get a bit less than half a knot
more speed for the same engine revs than a 15x9 3-bladed fixed prop, and I
feel it could take a bit higher pitch as the engine has no trouble reaching
high revs. Under sail, performance is much harder to quantify, but we're
pleased with it.

Bob & Bel Harrison