[C320-list] Fridge Fan

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 04:50:50 PDT 2006

Bruce,
If you already have a computer fan, attach it to the
aft wall near the freezer and near the top of the
reefer blowing toward the port side. Run the wires
along with the refrigerant lines with wire ties. You
can poke a hole through the putty that seals the
existing hole.

You will come out to where you can fish them near the
fresh water pump. Then, you can cheat and tie into the
pump leads because the fan draws very little amperage,
or you can fish them back to the power panel and do it
properly.

This is fairly easy to do if you remove the box under
the stove by taking out the four screws that hold it
in place. Run a fish tape from the panel box down to
the stove and then from there to the aft cabin. Then
you can pull the wires back to the panel. I've done it
a couple of times and it is not too challenging.

If you anchor out a lot and are counting amps, the
little cooling fans for the old speed boosted
processors are fairly effective and draw half the
watts. You can usually get these free from computer
repair shop junk piles.

The nice thing about this option is no batteries to
replace and you don't have to keep moving them around
to get to your food.

cb

--- June Bruce <brucestanley36 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> thanks Orlando
>
> re: WM - 2006 Catalog, Page 751, lower left hand of
> page: Fridgemate 3V Fan
>
> will chase it up ... downunder there must be a close
> equivalent.
>
> thanks again
>
> BruceStanley#1084/SydneyAustralia

Chris Burti