[C320-list] Fridge Fan

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 08:51:35 PDT 2006

Correct.

I prefer using the smaller processor cooling fans.
They are quiter, use less power and take up less
space. They do not have a protective cage as the power
supply fans have and they do not move as much air.
However, I believe that simply moving the colder air
from the freezer coil across the warmer air at the top
of the reefer creates enough circulation to get the
job done. There is a sort of useless area under the
counter at the far port end of the reefer. A good
argument can be made for this protected location which
is also closer the point where the factory ran the
lines

As others have mentioned, I also add ice blocks in the
bottom on extended trips in hot weather.

Mount it with double face tape and you can move it
wherever you like while trying to decide on your best
location. The fans are light enough for the tape to be
very effective. I don't care for the idea of adding
holes to the liner so I don't advocate screws.

I believe high up on the aft side next to the freezer
is the best location that combines the desired effect
with minimal banging.

cb