[C320-list] Anchor & chain size?

russgm at yahoo.com russgm at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 06:11:42 PDT 2006

chris and co...
On my new boat(C387) I purchased the Spade, whcih is a wonderful anchor(see Practical Sailor etal), the Rocna appears to be the next step in this new generation of anchor.  Basically, its a copy-cat of the Spade with the addition of a roll bar, maybe an improvement(I haven't seen enough testing to know, thatis why I went with the Spade). But in my research the one to watch is not the Rocna, its the Manson Supreme, who has copycated the Rocna, tweaked it a bit, and done so at a reduced price!

http://www.manson-marine.co.nz/SitePages/SupManson.htm

As with anything like this "Google around" a bit and you will find out more and more info about them, including what crusiers have to say about them.

Chris Holt <oldman1030 at hotmail.com> wrote: That looks like a great anchor.
Watch the video of their holding tests.  It is pretty impressive.