[C320-list] Fwd: (no subject)

Steve Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 13:31:14 PDT 2006

While I agree with your observation (a 35# CQR vs a 22# Bruce) is
perhaps comparing apples to oranges, the anchors were selected for teh
PS test according to the anchor manufacturer's recommendations for a
hypothetical boat (I believe that it was a 30' cruiser like a C-30).

>From this, the CQR people may recommend an anchor that is larger than
needed, but on the other hand, the Bruce people may be recommending an
anchor that is too small.

You may have noticed that the Fortress was a 10# whiile the Danforth
was a 20# anchor, again, according to the manufacturer's
recommendations.

Steve
Alchemist #909

BTW I have a 22# Lewmar Claw on my boat, and wish that I had bought the
33# for slight increase in cost and a slight increase in safety.

http://www.noteco.com/bulwagga/multimedia/practical_sail_pdf_Jan_01.pdf