[C320-list] DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE TOO BUSY.Was: Regatta Tech Sessions - a summary NOW: AutoProp Speed Warning

Bruce Heyman BruceHeyman at cox.net
Thu Sep 14 09:23:35 PDT 2006

There is a blue warning label on the outside of the envelope that my
Autoprop installation instructions came in.  It tells you to make sure the
engine is engaged into the ahead position when sailing to allow the
Autoprop's blades to feather.  However, "...WHEN EXCEEDING 13 KNOTS UNDER
SAIL LEAVE GEAR SHIFT IN NEUTRAL...."  I'm thinking of having a warning
label made up for my binnacle to remind us to move the transmission to
neutral when we chose to sail over 13 knots....:-)
Bruce
Somerset 671 SoCal