[C320-list] DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE TOO BUSY.Was: Regatta TechSessions - a summary NOW: AutoProp Speed Warning

Thu Sep 14 09:59:59 PDT 2006

Top boat speed ever on cuba libre 2 in a race, downwind with swell
help...11.3kn, sustained about 9.0 - 9.5 for about 30 minutes!

             "Jeffrey Hare"
             <catalina at thehar
             es.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                 "'C320-List'"
             c320-list-bounce         <c320-list at catalina320.com>
             s at catalina320.or                                          cc
                                                                  Subject
                                      Re: [C320-list] DO NOT READ IF YOU
             09/14/2006 09:50         ARE TOO BUSY.Was: Regatta
             AM                       TechSessions - a summary NOW:
                                      AutoProp Speed Warning

              Please respond
             catalina at thehare
              s.com; Please
                respond to
                C320-List
             <c320-list at catal
               ina320.org>

You mean you can't?

We've actually had our boat up over 56kts.  But it was on a trailer coming
up the highway.

Cheers!
-Jeff

PS: Theoretical hull speed is somewhere around 7.2 kts. You'll probably
never be able to sustain much more than that, although you can surf to 8
in
big waves with some skill.  The 13kt warning is humorous in that context.